Sign in to follow this  
berginaperzina

Adding photos

The photos that get uploaded to fmca have to be no more than 50 pixels, I did upload one for my profile but it took a while as it was way too large. I used a program called Studio for photo editing and cropped it and made the pixels smaller. Is there an easier way that I did not think of? I am good with computers, but this is bugging me. I would like to upload my kitty picture for the pet photo contest and want to do it the easiest way possible.

Thanks for your help.

Jose and Karen,

If you are using a PC, you may be able to use Microsoft Office Picture Manager. Right click on your photo and go to open with... See if MS Office Picture Manager is one of the options. If it is and you open the photo with that software, you will see at the top an edit function. One of the options under Edit is Compress Images. You can experiment with this function, it will reduce the memory required but won't crop the photo. When you compress the image the memory size is shown so you can if the image will work on the web site.

You can crop and do other things with other editing functions.

The photos that get uploaded to fmca have to be no more than 50 pixels, I did upload one for my profile but it took a while as it was way too large. Is there an easier way that I did not think of? Thanks for your help.

Please see my post "How to insert pictures."

Guest Wayne77590

Here is a free program that is very robust. Make sure if you download it that you add the plug-ins

IrfanView