ramblinboy

Dometic Weather Pro Awning

Anyone else have this product on their rig? Mine is on a 2008 Fleetwood Southwind. See that piece that sticks up from the slide topper and into the awning?

I wrote Dometic and they told me it was an installation error. This is another rig and it has the same problem. That piece that sticks up will wear a hole in the fabric over time, as mine has, and compromise the integrity of the material.

post-12679-0-91460200-1352218431_thumb.j

Thank you Deborah. I have fixed the hole and rotated the part that sticks up and into the fabric. Glad to hear its not been a problem for you! Does your wind-detector-auto-rollup feature work for you? rB

Hi all!

That device sticking up is the "Anti-billowing" device. In most typical applications for A&E Awnings it is positions at 11:00 O'clock when looking towards the rear from the front, and 1:00 O'clock when looking from the rear to the front. It's purpose is to prevent the awning from billowing out when you encounter some side winds. it is designed to hit the placed stop on the side of the coach. Some use the awning fabric trough. It is positioned so that on extension of the slide, the rotation will clear the stop, but when it is retracted it will have about a 2 inch play and then hit the stop, keeping it from billowing out.

Happy trails.

Edited: Make it a part of mainenance to check that the anti-billowing device is not loose. It is retained by 2 self tapping screws. I lost mine on my recent trip and billow the awning did do.

Ramblinboy,

Our auto roll-up did not work. Had a new sensor put on top and it worked so-so. Went to the dealer and had them copy the pages in their manual on wind speed adjustment. (This was not in my owners manual, only the dealers service manual) Adjusted the wind speed to a lower wind speed and it works great. Very easy to do. You just reset the toggle switches to a different setting in the control box. Took longer to take out the 4 screws and take the cover off than to change the adjustment.