Sign in to follow this  
sueandskyhow@charter.net

Chassis Air Conditioner For Rexall Rexair 2003

If it was not on, the only thing turning is the pulley on the hub bearing. Is that what burned up? If it is it maybe a bad bearing or an alignment issue.

What do you mean by burned up? What brand of compressor? If clutch assembly on front of compressor is what failed could be due to overtightened belt or improper clutch shoe gap.Most ac run when defrosters are on.

Sue and sky,

I don't know the Rexall Rexair units. Is it Gas or Diesel Pusher or FRED. We had a 454 gas unit that continued to throw the A/C belt. The last time I had to replace it I found that from the Factory the belt was in the wrong location on the shive (Harmonic Balancer on the crank shaft). This is my story and does not help you with your problem.

Do I understand that you have had your compressor replaced several time? One of the problems with A/C units is that when the compressor goes, trash goes into the lines and Dryer. Lines must be purged and the Dryer replaced and a new compressor installed. System must then have a vacuum pulled on the unit and then refrigerant put in. You stated that the last time your unit lasted 20 minutes and burned up. This I don't understand.

Did the unit just stop cooling?

Did it ever cool after the repair?

Did the clutch just stop turning?

Did the compressor seize up and burn the belt?

There are so many questions to be answered.

By the way has the shop making the repairs stood behind their work or do they just discover and new problem each time?

Let us know some of these answers and maybe we can find some help out there.

Good Luck and Merry Christmas.

Herman