Sign in to follow this  
mikeandvicki

Tire Pressure

I have a 1992 Ford Four Winds motor home. 29 feet, I think. What kind of air pressure would I run in the tires. I have 60-70 but have read where some run around 100. Please help me decide. Thanks.

Hi Mike,

Welcome to FMCA !

You might want to start by reading this thread. Tire pressure is related to load and there is no one answer, do to the load variables, model, year, kind of tires and some other items. You can start by looking for the weight information sticker on the coach. Some times on the door frame or in one of the cupboards. No standard location for stickers.

Get your feet wet so to speak and then ask away.

http://community.fmca.com/topic/5781-had-motorhome-weighed;-now-what/

Rich.

MikeandVicki,

The only true way to know what pressures are needed in your tires is to have eachof the corner weighed (each wheel or set of duals) and then use the tire manufacturers recommended tire pressures. You can get this information from searching for your tire manufacture brand name "tire inflation chart." Example: Michelin tire inflation chart.

Until then, you can run the maximum pressure as indicated on the sidewall of the tire, but do get weighed and use the recommended pressure - with a fudge factor. (Search for that also.)

Here is a link to the Michelin Tire Pressure Tables

Welcome to the forum.

It would be helpful to know what size tires you are running. The other thing is to check the age of your tiers. Check the DOT codes on your tires.

The rest of the answers give good advice.

Bill

To follow up on Bill's post, on one sidewall of each tire is the COMPLETE DOT number.

The last 4 digits of the complete DOT number indicate the WEEK and YEAR the tire was produced. These last 4 digits are usually in a slightly raised/lowered area, as that part of the tire mold has to be changed weekly.

Also look for any cracks in the sidewalls or tread area. Basically, if you can get your fingernail in the cracks, you need to replace the tires.

Tires on an RV are very rarely replaced because of treadwear. The vast majority are replaced due to age and age cracking from sitting.