Sign in to follow this  
paulh

Coming to America

We are coming to America winter 2014 and are looking for a RV ideally to borrow.

We have a Winnebago Rialta, we live in Worcester UK and anybody thinking of touring the UK, maybe do a swap.

Paul

The first word that come to my mind is rent. There are dealers that rent and one of them is Camping World. Welcome to America!

Hi Ray,

We where in Orlando in May this year and we checked out hiring a RV for 3 months and it was going to cost about $30k so it's out of the question.

We could buy a good used Winne for 60k but have trouble with ins as not having a US address.

That's why I was thinking of a swap.

Paul

How long will your stay in the U.S. be? I met a couple from the London area and they were on a 6 month tour of America. They were going to rent but found out what you found and that it is to expensive. So they purchased a used RV and the dealer said when they were finished they would buy it back. Far as I know everything worked out alright and in the end it only cost them some depreciation on the RV. I think it was around $8-12,000 the lost on the 6 months use. Not bad.

Thank Wayne.

I will do that. I was in Camping World Orlando and the sales staff where helpful. Will have to check out the insurance without a US address.

I would like to do a swap if anybody's thinking of touring the UK as we would both save lots of money and help each other with best places to go.

Paul