Sign in to follow this  
gkleinhe

2005 American Eagle 12 VDC Problem

My electrical problems is as follows: I have no DC lighting in the coach, nor does the water pump work. I have a remote battery disconnect switch that is lit and even though I press the switch it will not go out. I believe that this indicates the battery disconnect is not turning off, causing my VDC problems.

I cannot find any documentation to tell me what device this switch controls and where it is located.

Any suggestions?

Gkleinhe,

Welcome to the FMCA Forum. Hopefully someone else with the same coach will respond. Until then, here is the "generic" answer.

The switch likely controls the battery disconnect RELAY/SOLENOID. Usually very near the house batter bank. Follow the large gauge positive battery cable from house bank.

If you find it and need info on troubleshooting, let us know.

My electrical problems is as follows: I have no DC lighting in the coach, nor does the water pump work. I have a remote battery disconnect switch that is lit and even though I press the switch it will not go out. I believe that this indicates the battery disconnect is not turning off, causing my VDC problems.

I cannot find any documentation to tell me what device this switch controls and where it is located.

Any suggestions?

I think you meant not turning on? Anyhow you should hear the solenoid make a latching noise? If not, power to the solenoid is broken(fuse or circuit breaker) or the solenoid is dead or the switch is bad. This is all assuming your house batteries are properly charged.

If the batteries are too low they won't engage the solenoid.

If it is an Intelletec check the voltage on both large terminals, should be the same when on. If it does not click check the fuse on the latching switch top. I think it is a 5 amp fuse.

Gkleinhe,

Welcome to the FMCA Forum.

Your model coach often uses a BCC(Battery Control Center) with a number of fuses and 3 or 4 smaller relays to control many of the coach 12 volt systems and controls.

Do you have any manuals regarding a BCC unit? This system is different from the Inverter system.

These units often control the 12 volt latching relays. The main control board is mounted inside a black metal box, with 2 black latches that flip so the cover can be removed.

REMOVE the cover carefully so a short is not created !!!!

Rich.

ELECTRICAL CIRCUIT BREAKER PANELS, CIRCUIT FUSE PANELS AND

BATTERY DISCONNECT SWITCH LOCATIONS

American Eagle and Tradition (Front Entry Door Models)

• Chassis 12-Volt Fuse Front Panel ................................. In the entry step-well

• Chassis Fuse 12-Volt Rear Panel ................................. In the battery compartment

• Chassis Engine Preheat 12-Volt Breaker ....................... Under the bedroom engine access cover

• Chassis 12-Volt Battery Disconnect Switch .................. Rear engine access compartment

• House 12-Volt Battery Disconnect Switch .................... In the battery compartment or by the entry door

• House 12-Volt Fuse Panel ............................................. Under the bed

• House 120-Volt Breaker Panel .................................... Under the bed

I have a 2008 American Eagle and have experienced a similar occurrence. The first time it "froze" the light switches would not work and the water pump switch would not work throughout coach. If they were on you couldn't turn them off and if they were off, you couldn't turn them on. Checked with tech at Lazy Days, where I purchased the coach in October 2013, told me to turn off power to CPU and let it reset. I did that and unplugged wires to modules, to no avail. After app four hours everything returned to normal. The next time we took it out, the same thing happened. It worked properly for about an hour, then the switches wouldn't work. Everything else works. Electrical plugs, tv, aqua hot , toilets work fine. I think it must be the CPU. Any thoughts?

"Just Keep Living"