Racer042

Considering a 2004 Alfa See Ya Gold 40 ft

My wife and I are looking at larger RV's and are looking at a repo Alfa See Ya Gold 40 ft unit. My friends who have had a Alfa all loved them and the unit looks great. I know about the paint problems and am prepared to budget money for a repaint.

I have also heard that some of the Alfa RV's did not have adequate basement air to keep the coach cool in Florida (where I live). I am getting more information about the unit later today, but wanted to hear from others who have or have had this RV.

Thanks in advance

Racer042

I don't think it was a paint issue but rather a pitting of the fiberglass problem. The repair costs I saw quoted back when the problem surfaced were very high.

Clay is correct-- the issue is with the fiberglass, not paint. The only real "solution" was whole exterior side wall replacement.

I am learning that the problem was osmotic blisters and an inherent defect with the fiberglass made by Cooper Industries. I am leaning towards something else, like a Fleetwood Discovery. We currently have a 2001 36 ft Fleetwood Discovery and the exterior is still very nice. Thanks for the feedback.

I stayed in an Alfa a few years ago while in California. I believe this unit had the tallest ceiling of any coach I have been in. There was so much storage that it would be a full timers dream. The basement air- with the air coming up from the floor, although quiet, was pretty dismal cooling the coach. I would have added a couple of roof airs in place of the ceiling vents, if it was mine.

I looked at them, and found that even the Gold had too many shortcuts in quality and manufacturing for my liking. I think the bean counters got too much their way and the quality suffered.