Sign in to follow this  
chuckconnie

Dometic Refrigerator Door Seal Replacement

I need a new door seal on a Dometic Model#DM2862LBX, Serial#04396146,Manufacturer #958530298.

Been told by a parts dept. that I cannot purchase the seal, but must replace the door.

Any HELLLLLP?

Thanks

Chuck ,

The seal(s) are not listed in the parts list for the model number you posted. Did you mean to post RM2862 instead of DM.

Even changing the first letter from a D to an R, the seal is not listed.

So , does the refrigerator have a freezer and refrigerator door / 2 door model or 4 door model? Just want to be sure I'm looking for the proper size seal. Could you post the dimensions of the current seal, total length and width for the group?

Also, is the seal a magnetic style?

Might be able to come up with a seal made for some other unit that will work. I did find a seal, but it is not the proper size you your particular model.

Rich.

I had the same problem with my 2008 H/R Ambassador. It has a Norcold four door fridge and I had to replace the two bottom doors just to have seals that worked. Go figure....

Herman, I believe it's cheaper and better to convert to residential refrigerator. I know that what I will do when mine bite the dust which I hope isn't too soon. The trick is getting the old one out and the new one in.

Chuck ,

The seal(s) are not listed in the parts list for the model number you posted. Did you mean to post RM2862 instead of DM.

Even changing the first letter from a D to an R, the seal is not listed.

So , does the refrigerator have a freezer and refrigerator door / 2 door model or 4 door model? Just want to be sure I'm looking for the proper size seal. Could you post the dimensions of the current seal, total length and width for the group?

Also, is the seal a magnetic style?

Might be able to come up with a seal made for some other unit that will work. I did find a seal, but it is not the proper size you your particular model.

Rich.

The letters are correct. It is a 2 door model. the seal is magnetic and is 39 inches long and 22 3/8 wide.

Thanks

Herman,

The seals (doors) were done under warranty. I understand from Lazy Days that the cost from Norcold for two doors was about $1100. Seems rather expensive to me.