Sign in to follow this  
Firestarter

Two Questions

Well, I know that this will sound a bit made up and I wish it was, but...

This year, almost all of our devices and appliances started canceling every cooperation. It started with a dish washer (luckily it still has a guarantee, but I'm still in the process of solving that with my repairman). This happened on January 2nd :D

After that my car had some problem with bearings, so that was a lot of fun when I needed to part from cash for the repair work.

And now, like a cherry on top the ice cream, my precious ice maker stopped working. It's a portable NewAir which accompanied me on my fishing trips for almost a decade now.

1st question, is about the dish washer and I really don't know if it goes here. It started to behave very temperamentally: one day it's working, the next day, it doesn't. Even some of the buttons don't react every time when I press them. It's some Chinese Elin dish washer. I don't believe anyone heard about it, but it was cheap when we got it :P Any ideas what can be the cause?

2nd question concerns the ice maker. I'm now finally at peace with the thought that I would need a new ice maker, but I need some advice about good portable ones. I've been checking out this one, but I'd like to hear someone who actually used it and has some experience-based opinions about it.

I apologize for... just a tad too long a post and thank you in advance for all your kind help and answers.

Never used that brand, but I have an Emerson brand that I bought at K-MART on sale for $99.00, 5 years ago, it still works great. In this age, I would almost bet that they are made by the same parent company, just painted another color and branded differently.

Kay

No, the link was not spam (by placing the cursor over the link, you can see the web-address before clicking on it), but since we don't know anything about what dishwasher he has, difficult to give meaningful recommendations.

And, have never seen that icemaker in an RV.

Firestarter,

Are we talking about a dishwasher in your coach or house? The icemaker is not an RV item.

Are you talking about RV items or household items?? You have us confused.

Herman