astmi

Cummins ISB

My friend's RV has a Cummins ISB engine. When starting the engine there is a warning red light on in the dash.

Oil is Ok, temp is OK, jacks are OK.

Any idea of the possible cause of this warning?

You might get more responses by posting the make and model of the RV.

Is the light on with just the ignition on?

Is the light on while trying to start?

Does it stay on after starting and not go off at all?

Hopefully Brett will see this post soon and have some specific ideas and questions.

Sorry, I have no idea. Could be something like an "antenna up" or "slide out" warning, or could be something causing the engine to throw a code.

If engine, first suspect is low coolant sensor (if it has one).

The red light indicates that the air bags are not full and as soon as the compressor finishes filling the air bags, the light goes out which means you can then drive the coach safely.

I did not know we had air bags on class A RVs

It would help if you could provide more info on the mh such as year, manufacturer and chassis. If it has a Cummins engine, we assume its on a Freightliner, Spartan or similar type chassis and they all have air bags.

A previous post commented the "light" would go out once the air bags inflated; on my 2008 Freightliner chassis, the low air pressure light (with a symbol and audible alarm) goes off once the minimum air pressure is attainedin the tanks. I don't start to inflate my air bags until the air tanks have been pressurized.

Can you tell us where the "light" is on the dash? Like I posted earlier, anytime a warning light comes on on my dash there is a symbol associated with the light or to say another way - the light is a symbol.

We really need more information.

Is this on a FRED chassis (Freightliner Front Engine Diesel)?

A diesel pusher?

Air suspension?

I think I finally found the brochure for the motorhome. Monaco shows brochures for a 2006 and 2007 LaPalma Diesel.

http://www.monacocoach.com/StaticFiles/monaco/brochures/2006/06Lapalmadiesel.pdf

http://www.monacocoach.com/StaticFiles/monaco/brochures/2007/07Lapalmadiesel.pdf

This is under the Monaco brand.

Specs are

Roadmaster RSR Rails Chassis

Cummins ISB-AD 300 HP or 325 HP

Allison 1000 MH Transmission

Leaf Spring Suspension

Diesel Pusher

The Holiday Rambler site lists a 2006 and 2007 Vacationer Diesel which appears to be the equivalent of the LaPalma.

http://www.holidayrambler.com/holidayrambler/brochures.html

On my coach, when a light on the dash comes on, it backlights a description. Could that be the case with the LaPalma?