Sign in to follow this  
rsbilledwards

Front Engine Mounts/Supports

2001 Safari Zanzibar Needs new rear engine mounts as the fan is now rubbing the fan shroud. There are two mounted under the engine on the rear cross member. Does anyone have an idea where to get new ones. I have checked with CAT...not their part. Who would engineer this part. B

B, Who made your chassis?

Cat supplied the engine ,but the chassis manufacture installed it.

If you can get the part number(s), then one can see who could supply the new mounts

Rich.

Thanks Brett,

Yes I did call Allied Recreation Group, can't tell you why that did not occur to me as I have used them a lot recently.

Here is what I found: Mission Sales out of Texas (817-453-1900) was the source for mounts. The original mounts are now out of production but some still available.

Part number for the fan end/rear SIM 300-70. This supersedes to a "CUSHY FLOAT" nr. 1760-1657-65 approx. $80

The front or trans end SIM 200-60 supersedes to a "CUSHY FLOAT" nr. 17-1609-65 approx. $136

The new mounts are purportedly a better mount

Well from 40 years of mechanicing I believe two reasons. First there are two of them. The least probable is age, but the primary culprit was an oil leak that even when cleaned continued to bathe them gently in oil. It was not the kind of leak that gets fixed quickly, a slow seep. I have not gotten them out yet but they look pretty squishy. Had they been dry for the last 13 years they would most likely have been ok. I must add here that I have owned this coach 3 years and it has taken some time to chase some of these minor issues down. B