tguthrie

Baseplate Installation-- Memphis TN Area

Does anyone know a good place to have a baseplate and wiring done on new dinghy anywhere in the Memphis, TN area? It will need to be a Blue Ox system and I have already checked the Blue Ox dealer in Memphis, but was not to impressed. Thanks for any suggestions.

Tom

I have only worked with Roadmaster, but the instructions are very clear to do it your self if you have common tools. I have installed base plates on 4 autos. The worst was to drill a 7/16 hole. The first took 4 hours and the last one 2 1/2.

The wiring is another story because wiring takes much longer. I do recommend using diodes vs. second light socket and bulbs in the tail and brake lights.

Camping Worlds will do either or both, but may be pricy.

I'm installing a Blue Ox baseplate on my 2014 Jeep JKU Wrangler tomorrow. This will be my third install - 2011 Malibu, 2005 Jeep Wrangler TJ. The Jeep are easy. If your mechanically inclined and have a the necessary tools, its a doable DIY project. I prefer the separate bulb vs the diodes. I used diodes on the Malibu and they were a constant problem.

I will install the M&G Engineering brake system next.

Camping World has a special installation price if you purchase the baseplate from them. I believe its $29 or $39.

I have installed at least 15 +- Roadmaster Brackets in the last 20 yrs including a few for friends but the last two I installed it sure is taking longer the older I get the harder it is get up and back down about 50 times for the install, takes a couple days for me to get over it. I need to hire someone to hand me tools and it would be a easy job. Its 4 Roadmaster Brackets in my shop now off of some of my toads and one that was never installed, a 2011 Flex, a 2010 Equinox, a 2011 Edge, and a little Ford Festiva bracket