wculhane6@gmail.com

NEW RV AUTO AWNING WILL NOT OPEN

Hi have new 2014 Jayco Senaca 36fk. UNABLE TO OPEN AWNING CHECKED ALL OBVIOUS BREAKER FUSE. LIGHT TAPPED ON MOTOR WITH OPEN SWITCH PRESSED ON? MY GUESS IS I AM MISSING A LATCH OR SOMETHING THAT NEEDS TO DONE FIRST. AWNING WORKED AT NEW OWNER ORIENTATION

THX

WINGMAN66

On a 2014, I would get in touch with the dealer first, then Jayco if needed. A 2014 model surely has some warranty, they should step you through some simple directions to determine the problem.

Don't be afraid to ask, that's what service technicians are for. But one simple thing to do is to have someone hold the switch while someone with good hearing gets real close to the motor head and listens for action, make sure that they are not in the path, just in case it does start moving. Most electric awnings do not have a latch to release for opening, unless the end user adds one.

Hope the fix is simple, or under warranty!

Kay

I know mine is older but it does have a separate lockout switch. Then it has two switches, one inside and one outside to extend and retract the awning.

Lockout switch yes, but I have not seen a latch on the awning unless added to make sure that it does not unfurl because of wind. I have two 17 footers that I installed on my coach, one worked perfectly the first time out and in, next time out, no action. I had to remove the motor assembly, and found one pin that goes through one of the planetary gears was missing from the factory, added a pin and has worked fine ever since. The motor would turn as I could hear the motor running but still no action before the fix. I also use velcro straps around each arm of the awnings while traveling for safety sake.