clinton

Travel on 101 in CA, OR and WA

Question

I am planing a trip from Redding CA over to CA 101 and up the coast on 101 threw OR and WA, I have a 2010 Bounder S35 and will be pulling a Tow. Is there anything I need to worry about. Does anyone have any suggestion that that might help.

Thanks

Clinton

F415257

5 answers to this question

Drove 101 thru Oregon last fall in a 37' Class A towing a Saturn Vue - great scenery but road is curvy and hilly in parts - go slow and enjoy the rugged Oregon coastline - heavy rain at times !!

Many people on bikes - rain or shine without a wide shoulder - just be careful and enjoy the ride --

There is a section north of Ft Bragg that should be avoided. California 1. It is about 40 miles of very narrow and constant switchbacks.

If you take only the 101 everything should be fine. California one was pretty hairy all the way north of Fort Bragg.

The 101 in Oregon and Washington can be a little bumpy and rolly but really isn't a big deal. 101 is a two lane highway.

Go slow enjoy the scenery it is quite beautiful.

I have driven it in my 30 foot class C and my 34 foot Class A towing both times.

101 is a different road from CA 1 also known as PCH 1. (Pacific Coast Highway). You will have no issues driving 101 anywhere you like to go.

There are some sections of PCH 1 that very closely follows the coast and while it's a nice and safe drive, it takes a cautious attentive driver and you may need to pull off the road from time to time to let traffic pass. You will not be in any hurry!