Sign in to follow this  
obedb

Replacing Old Rooftop Antenna

I want to replace a 2003 Winegard crank up antenna with the newer Sensar.

Anyone know if the new will fit the existing hardware installed through the roof?

Have you considered changing to the Jack antenna. I did with really good results. Not having to raise and lower is a big benefit, but the reception has been great. The ability to use the tuning lights saves a lot of time and frustration. BTW, it will fit in the same hole as the old antenna.

My current roof top, though beat up by the former owner, gets excellent reception. I may be some in some kind of "honey hole" for reception, but at 40 miles from Harrisburg, PA & 40 miles from Baltimore, MD I am able to receive flawless digital signals from every station in both towns. Can that be improved on? Probably not by much. I will check your idea out though.

I want to replace a 2003 Winegard crank up antenna with the newer Sensar.

Anyone know if the new will fit the existing hardware installed through the roof?

Your current antenna is a Sensar, just a slightly older version, so the 2 are simple plug and play interchangeable. The Sensar IV has a Wingman built-in and will add to the antenna performance but you need an extra 10" of width where the antenna lays down for clearance. The Sensar has been shown on the RV.net forum to outperform the Jack but it is more directional so works at it's best when the Wingman part is pointed in the direction of the TV towers.