Sign in to follow this  
geraldlanc

Water Pump Not Pumping

The motorhome (2002 Beaver) sat for about a month and now the water pump won't pump. There is water in the tank and the tank and water line is located above the pump. I disconnected the water line on the inlet side of the pump and water poured out thru the line from the tank. I then tilted the pump from vertical to horizontal and a small amount of water leaked out of the pump where there are several screws holding two parts together (I'm just guessing) the motor part and the pump mechanism. The pump motor runs, but makes an uncharacteristic noise, more of a high pitched whine. Any suggestions? It's a moShurflow model number 5503-4v15b636. Thanks for any help.

Gerald

Gerald,

Sounds like air in the system. Open a faucet and see if the pump can prime itself-- is is reasonably self priming.

I left it with water in the tank and there is water visible in the inlet filter. I tried running it with a faucet open, but no luck. I also removed the inlet line and poured a little water into it thru the inlet filter which held only a very small amount of water before it started overflowing. Maybe there is no water in the pump itself? How would I go about filling the pump?

Gerald

There is a screen on the inlet and could of calcium up from sitting. Clean that screen and make sure that all valves are close that could allow it to suck air. I left the water purge valve open once and had the same problem. :o