OK this is a new one on me. I was at Lazy Days service center in Tucson inspecting my coach. I opened the fridge and it was ambient temperature. I then opened the freezer compartment and it was cold. I notified L/D tech of the problem. The unit was on with a green light and the temp set at 7. Anyone have any comments or has this happened to them?

As cooling unit capacity diminishes, what you experienced is exactly what happens.

The "coolant" first goes to the freezer, then to the refrigerator. If insufficient to cool both, this is exactly what happens.

Cooling unit capacity can be diminished by a number of things: high ambient temperatures, frequent openings of refrigerator/freezer, unrestricted air flow up the condensate vent, poor installation (actually improper clearances, allowing hot air to accumulate), failure of fan(s) above the cooling unit, particularly in slide out installations.

Before declaring the cooling unit dead, be sure that all other factors are in your favor.

Try looking at Ford Refrigeration on youtube. May be bad electric elements or thermistor. If freezer is cold, normally something simple.

Problem solved. I guess the coach was unplugged in the service bay. The tech had plugged it in shortly before I opened the fridge. As Brett stated the freezer gets the coolant first then the fridge. After a reasonable time the fridge was at 38 degrees F at the 5 temperature setting.

Thanks for all your advice and suggestions.