khuskeysr@yahoo.com

Awning Cover On Slide Replacement

I have a 2000 Holiday Rambler Endeavor and I am replacing both awnings on slides. New awnings will be mounted with all new holes for mounting brackets. What is the best way to seal old mounting holes? Maybe new screws with rubber washers. I have two long angle iron strips about 3X1 inch and .025 thick running all the way across the slide side at the top that will have to be removed. Looks like I can remove without it being a problem. Does it have a real need. I thought that if it was for support for long slide it would not have been two, but just one long one.

Look and see if you could use a rivet to seal the old hole. Put a little clear sealant on the rivet before inserting. You may be able to use touch up paint to match side. If you intend to pain, make sure the sealant you use is paintable.

Replacing all.

Worried about the angle that I have to move.

Like the new style... No longer make the one that I have. The heavy spring is broke and fabric is bad also.

Photo below is not my MH but its the same awning that I will replace...Angle is under awning. I will have to remove to install other awning.

post-22869-0-61634400-1407535065_thumb.j

Like Brett suggested, rivets are the best way to go if possible. I use stainless steel on the outside, and Sikaflex elastameric sealant is what airplane manufacturers and truck trailer skins are put on with. It is paintable and unlike silicone sealant will not oxidize the rivet or screw over time.

Wow Khuskeysr what a different 6 years make. If you click my pic the one I have is covered with metal and painted to match at the roofline. It attached to the top edge of the slide with a four bolts near the front and rear. http://www.carefreeofcolorado.com/carefree/products?action=product&productid=46&categoryid=30

I found one mis drilled hole on the other side of coach filled with clear silicone. I never saw it till I hand waxed it because it up high near one of the awnings. Must of been like that since new but I will never know.