alang

Water Pump Pressure

I have a Arits PDS1rv 25 water pump installed in my 2013 Tuscany. The pressure use to be decent but now is so low at all points that you can barely take a shower or flush a toilet. I have checked for leaks and obstructions and found none. Is there any adjustment on this pump or do I just need to replace it?

Alang,

Welcome to the FMCA Forum.

Have you removed the screen from the faucets to verify that there is no debris in them?

You may also have a screen/strainer on the inlet to the pump.

Here is the manual for the pump: http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CCwQFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fmanuals.heartlandowners.org%2FPlumbing%2FPump%2FArtis%2FWater%2520Pump%2520Artis%2520pds1rv25.pdf&ei=JM77U52ZIYy6ogSrxYHwCg&usg=AFQjCNGhofCt8oVZiAleyCiRQPMrc-v_qw&bvm=bv.74035653,d.cGU

Lastly, make sure your water fill valve is closed, or your pump may be recirculating some if the water back to the tank.

alang,
Welcome to the Forum. Many pumps have a particulate filter on the inlet side of the pump. Check and see if you have one it may be clogged. Do you have other filters after the pump? How is the pressure when connected to water in a camp ground?

If you have good pressure when hooked up to shore water and all filters are clear go for a new pump.

Good luck, hope you get over your dribble showers.

Herman

Thanks for all the help. I have pretty much checked all of these options. Any ideas on a good replacement pump? I have a feeling the pump is the problems as when it runs and I have the hose on the discharge side disconnected, I can put my thumb over the pump discharge without much effort to hold the water back.

alang,

There are many good manufactures that make good pumps. The things to consider would be pressure, GPM, size and cost. I am sure you will make the correct choice for your unit.

Herman

Thanks for all the help. I have pretty much checked all of these options. Any ideas on a good replacement pump? I have a feeling the pump is the problems as when it runs and I have the hose on the discharge side disconnected, I can put my thumb over the pump discharge without much effort to hold the water back.

Take the intake hose off and install another hose to it and a bucket full of water, turn the pump on and see if that makes a difference. Also check the voltage at the pump.