Sign in to follow this  
ssdynasty

1994 Monaco Dynasty Speedometer Not Working

I have a 38' 1994 Monaco Dynasty which the speedometer has stopped working. Does anyone have any ideas on what to check? Could it be as simple as a fuse? Everything else on the dash works fine.

Thanks in advance from a first time poster and new motorhome owner.

Hey, we had a 1994 Dynasty, fond memories. I suggest that you call Monaco Customer Service and talk to someone in technical support. They should be able to help you including referring you to a suitable repair place for repair or replacement. The Monaco Customer Service number is 877-466-6226. Have your coach number ready when you make the call. The coach number is the last six digits of the Unit Serial Number (look on the wall beside the drivers chair). Despite the passage of 20 years, a bankrupcy and subsequent sale to another company, the records of Monaco still survive and you can get customer service from some of the same people who worked for Monaco when your coach was built.

Congratulations on purchasing a new-to-you motor home. I hope you enjoy your Dynasty and the freedom a motor home brings as much as we have.

SSdynasty

SS, welcome to the Forum. As Tom said contact Monaco Tech. Dept. They are very helpful. In 1994 they may have still been using a speedo cable, though thinking about that, that would be one very long cable.

Good luck with your problem. In the mean time, if your have a GPS you can watch your speed on it.

Herman

The Allison transmission does have a sensor on the transmission for speedo back then. I recall the speed sensor to be on one side of the transmission and the backup switch to be on the other. I had problems with dirt with the backup switch when I had my 93 Southwind as the backup camera wouldn't come on as a result. Check your connection at the transmission.

Thanks for all the good advice.

The computer for the transmission was replaced recently. The speedometer wasn't working before that, worked for a short period after the new computer was installed then stopped working along with back up camera and back up beeper. Had the Allison guys check it out, narrowed the back up camera and beeper down to a relay. I replaced the relay, camera and beeper started working but no speedometer.

I know my gps will give me speed but would also like to keep track of miles...

I guess HP means me. The 93 MH I had had a Allison 4 speed something like a 545. It had a speed sensor on one side of the transmission and backup switch on the other side. These were just above the oil pan. The grommet that held the connector on were hard rubber and not easy to remove and install on the sensors but doable.