Sign in to follow this  
brown774

Taillight Replacement 2007 Monaco Diplomat

How do I access the screws securing the taillight assembly to the coach?

I have tried through the door to coolant tank but can't seem to get to it. Does the fixture need to be removed to change bulbs?

I don't know about your coach but on ours, the bulb assembly (socket and bulb) can be removed from the back side of the taillight assembly (try a quarter turn counterclockwise) and the bulb replaced and then the socket and bulb can be reinserted into the taillight. I think this is common in newer taillight assemblies. Our cars have had this kind of arrangement. If you can get to the back of the assembly, try this. You shouldn't have to remove the entire taillight. Our headlights are replaced the same way.

Bill if your tail lights are anything like on my coach you pop them out. You use a large size screwdriver and cloth to protect the paint you pry between the body and light housing from outboard to inboard. It will pop out of rubber grommets be sure not to lose any then change bulbs. Make sure the grommets are in the frame and spray with silicone to make it easy to pop back in.

Hi Huffpuff

Quick question in this old thread, that relates to the metal frame you refer to in “Make sure the grommets are in the frame”. On my Cayman is an L shape that screws to the fiberglass. My problem is during a storm on Thursday last (so bad the slides had to come in), the passenger side tail light unit blew out-- reason the frame is badly corroded and the grommets have nothing to lock into.

My question, do you, or anyone reading this thread, know where I can purchase two of these frames? One each side, if you are changing one change them both is my motto, they are both the same age.

Many thanks in advance.

Cheers

Steve

Wow I don't know where you can possible get a new metal frame. Maybe call the current factory but their parts are limited.

Hi Both,

I suspected they may not still be available, but I have just had an idea, there is a guy near where I live that makes things from stainless steel, I will take off what’s left when we get home – we are away at the moment, will photo them then. If this guy can’t make them for me because there is not enough left (the passenger side has totally rotted out - have not disturbed the drivers side yet!) to use as a pattern, I will post and see if anyone can help.

Cheers

Steve