Sign in to follow this  
geraldlanc

Thanks Home Depot

The shower in our 2002 Beaver has a made in Italy curved front and door. The door rollers ride along a bar at the top that has a track in it and a hard plastic insert for the rollers to roll on.

Recently, the plastic insert developed a crack that caused the door to "bump" as it hit that crack. It took both hands to close the door after that. I called a Beaver parts supplier and was told the plastic strip which is about 3 feet long and about 1/4 inch wide would be about $350!!!

I said no thanks of course and went straight to a nearby Home Depot. In the back of the store in the door department I found a similar strip for $1.97 that was close to the O/E part and with a sharp tool and 5 minutes I was able to modify it to work as the original.

Gerald

2 thumbs up from me Gerald as I like ides that save us money and performs better.

That reminds me instead of mounting my replacement TV's with expensive wall mounts and much modification to the cabinets I used 2 pieces of angle iron through the same screw mounting. Then I added Velcro strips to prevent it from rattling down the road. I saved over $200 and the TV's are more secured than using a wall mount.

Sorry, I don't know the part number, but I asked for help at the desk back where the doors are. I often see someone there staring at a computer, but after describing what I needed, he took me directly to the part.

Gerald