Sign in to follow this  
wolfe10

Fleetguard/Cummins Fuel Filter Recall

http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/owners/SearchResults?searchType=ID&targetCategory=R&searchCriteria.nhtsa_ids=14E051000

RECALL Subject : Fuel Filter Shell may Separate and Cause Stall
Report Receipt Date: JUL 29, 2014
NHTSA Campaign Number: 14E051000
Component(s):
Potential Number of Units Affected: 63,600
All Products Associated with this Recall orange-down.png Details orange-up.png 6 Associated Documents orange-down.png
Manufacturer: Cummins Inc.
SUMMARY:Cummins Inc. (Cummins) is recalling certain Fleetguard UFF-XT fuel filters, part number FF63009, manufactured April 25, 2014, to June 29, 2014 with a date code of 14115 through 14180. These fuel filters were installed on Cummins ISB engines built April 28, 2014, to July 9, 2014 and ISL engines built April 30, 2014, to July 8, 2014. Additionally, these fuel filters were distributed as replacement service parts. The fuel filter shell may separate from the fuel filter nut plate causing the engine to stall without warning. CONSEQUENCE:If the engine stalls unexpectedly there is an increased risk of a crash. REMEDY:Cummins will notify owners and dealers will replace the fuel filter with a non-defective one, free of charge. The recall began on August 20, 2014. Owners may contact Cummins customer service at 1-800-223-4583. Cummins' number for this recall is C1545. NOTES:Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.

Thanks Brett, I've noted this in my files. We haven't had any engine maintenance this spring but I'll check in the near future to make sure any filters are not in this batch.

Tom, are you at the Monaco factory for upgrades. Do they do upgrades? If so maybe there is a few I might like to get as I'm not too far from them.

Ray,

Yes, we are at the Factory Service Center. This isn't where the factory was years ago but is nearby, still in Coburg, 91186 N Coburg Industrial Way. This place is now known as the Allied Recreation Group Factory Service Center and they are working on Fleetwood, American, Monaco and Holiday Rambler coaches here. The crew is mostly if not all former Monaco factory workers so they do know their "stuff!"

We're mainly getting repairs done, all the things I can't fix or don't want to. I am really pleased with the work they are doing. They have water and electric sites and a sewer dump on site. We're in the coach every night and in the lounge/reception area during the day.

Yes, they do upgrades, remodeling, alterations. If they don't, there are numerous shops here they can direct you to for additional work. We made our reservations in July and this was the first date they had available. I had one problem that was going to take some time and they indicated if I came back during the winter they would give me a discount on the work so obviously the winter season here is their slack time.

You can get an appointment by calling the Monaco Customer Service Number: 877-466-6226

Thank you Tom as I will be driving right by there on the way to Desert Hot Springs in December and back in March. I will call as I rather upgrade a few things instead of buying same new. They lower the product line of the HR Ambassador to entrance lever dp.