markkathy

Plastic Dash Peeling

I have a 2004 Itasca Horizon. Wear and tear, and age tend to take their toll over time and it's part of the program, but I have two spots on plastic dash panels where, what can be best described as a paper thin layer of "skin", is starting to peal off leaving a slightly darker color exposed underneath.

Apparently the replacement panels in that color are no longer available, and the physical dash itself is an incredibly durable Ultraleather like material and is in excellent shape. I hate to cover that up with a dash cover, and even if I did, unless customer ordered, that still leaves one of these peeling area's exposed...thoughts?

Can you take pictures of the affected areas, showing where they are located, for the group. There are several options that come to mind, but size and location will offer more sugestions.

Out of luck, I just placed the coach in indoor storage for the winter and don't have easy access. Plenty of stock photo's on the web, but after attaching them permission to include them on this post is denied. Both blemishes I have referred to are about the size of a credit card on plastic surfaces, very little help.

There is plastic paint available at paint stores and can be mixed in a rattle can. Then you can take the panels off and paint it.