eileen1948

Furnace Making A Noise

Eileen,

Welcome to the FMCA Forum.

A common noise when turning on the furnace is from the fan motor. They have BUSHINGS, not bearings. When the bushings get dry they can squeal.

It is also possible that a mud dubber has built a home on the fan, throwing the fan out of balance. This is one of the causes of the fan to hit the housing.

You do not mention if the furnace is functioning properly-- if not, let us know how far into the heat cycle it gets:

Fan comes on.

Air flow is sufficient to cause the SAIL SWITCH to send an "adequate air flow" signal to the PC BOARD.

The PC BOARD then opens the gas valve and triggers the IGNITER.

If the THERMOCOUPLE senses proper temperature, the furnace continues to run until the thermostat set temperature is reached.

My problem is I need heat and my furnace is NOT making any noise. Going to have to go check it today as I am heading for Detroit tomorrow.

Eileen, if you are looking for some help, you are going to give us some details. The coach information, the heater type, fuel, everything you have done to troubleshoot so far, etc. I am assuming you simply mean the air is blowing but no heat's coming out?

FOUND PROBLEM …….now to fix it.

Where the screws go to hold the plastic black shroud are crack and broken.

Have it shimmed for now ( No noise but can't stay that way. Vibration will loosen shim.)…… but need parts.

It's a Atwood 8531 Hydra flame gas furnace.

Here is a link to the Atwood Company. This link is for a retail business, PPL, that sells Atwood products and parts. There are other companies that sell their products. You can find dealers and repair shops at the Atwood Company link.