Sign in to follow this  
huffypuff

Check Your Pacbrake

Picked up my can from local NAPA store this afternoon. They must not sell a lot of it because the counter guy had to look around for it. I am gonna have to turn on my desk top to print a pic of the lubes points. Old printer with no WIFI so I can't print from my iPad. Out the door was over $18 but the governor had to have his share. Does have the straw taped to the container which I prefer. Exhaust brake be gentle with me tomorrow. No trouble with mine so far but it is well past the time to lube.

On a somewhat different note/ I had a Pacbrake engine brake on my Series60 Detroit. Fitting because they are from BC where my Star Car was built. It worked very well.

Suggestion,

Apply lube. Then activate the brake at least a dozen times. Can be done while driving or by disconnecting the positive wire to the exhaust brake solenoid and applying 12 VDC positive from any other source in the engine room. Do NOT back-feed the normal wire supplying the positive signal to the solenoid. Many of us have cut the wire close to the solenoid and inserted a protected (insulated) quick connect to make this easy.

Lubed it today. Will probably do a repeat soon, ie the extended shaft. Still want to do the extension that Brett mentioned. Time was short. Lots going on. Mostly dodging critics on FMCA. Kind of unnerving being reminding how dumb that I am. Hey I am used to it.