jhagen00

Michelin XMEZ?

I have an 07 Phaeton, 40' dp. I need to replace my four rear tires, currently Michelin XZE 275/80R22.5 LRH. My nearest dealer in the Advantage program does not have these in stock. He offered XMEZ in the same size. I can't find any literature about these. Are these a good substitute for the XZEs, or should I look for something else, like the XRV I've been reading about? Any suggestions would be very helpful.

jhagen00,

Welcome to the FMCA forum!

Think they are referring to the X Miltie Energy Series tires. A new series - Check on the Dual tire spacing requirements compared to the XZE 275/80R22.5 LRH, rolling circumference and Rim size.

I did not do a complete comparison.

Check this link

https://www.michelinb2b.com/wps/b2bcontent/PDF/X_MULTI_ENERGY_Z_DataPg.pdf

Rich.

Multi Energy? ......... I re-tired last year with XZE models. Not a complaint one. In the event of a failure, they would be easier to find while out there riding around. I use centramatics for balancing. Tire shop told me that I was the first MH'er to put them on. They are expensive, but I used them for many years on 18 wheelers. On our Phaeton, when you get on a really smooth stretch of highway there is just nothing there but smooth. As Brett has already mentioned, an out of round tire can beat you up, but a quality tire shop probably will not sell you trouble. Service Tire in Pennsylvania is my choice. Been using them for many years. Joe mentioned on another topic, a method of loosening and re tightening lug nuts to possibly correct a symptom of an out of round tire. My opinion/ Michelin and Bridgestone are proven tires. There are probably other good ones out there, but I know what works for me.

ObedB,

Our coach has the Centramatics between the drive tires and nothing on the steer, which I thought was strange, but since I have no shimmy at all I figured I would leave it alone.

I also use STTC for my tires for work and home, they are good people, plus since we have a national Michelin account at work I keep STTC road service number in my phone just in case Coachnet drops the ball I have a back up plan. Michelin comes out once a year and provides training for our Mechanics at each terminal so I try to sit in to get a refresher on tire installation wear patterns etc. Good information there also and nice people. When I had noticed the wrong load rated tires on my steer axle I called STTC and they were willing to buy my old tires back and sell me new Michelins and they weren't the tire company that made the mistake in the first place. That really made me feel good about using them for our tire purchases.

While we are on the topic, how many of you carry a spare tire?

We do not, I have a 20 ton bottle jack and and tools to remove the wheels.

I have thought about it but cannot locate a good place to store it.