JustCruzzin

Seal Beach, CA to Leominster, MA

Question

5 answers to this question

Well I learned something new. there is a Seal Beach Oregon to I forgot being by Seal beach CA this summer. I was going to tell you to take 90 east after all it is the Mass turnpike. :D Seriously that route looks good. You won't get on 90 till Cleveland Ohio. Is this a rush trip? I hope not there is a lot to see on that route.

Bill

You haven't indicated when you are taknig the trip. Is this a summer adventure? Are you plannig or wanting to do sightseeing along the way? How much time to do you want to spend along the way? As far as roads and getting there, this looks as good as any. At one time or another we've driven all these with the motor home. For shortest route and getting there quickly, it looks good. There are no high mountains on this route, another plus.

These are well traveled roads and you will see plenty of traffic along the way. The Great Plains and Midwest can be stormy in the next few months. When we plan a trip I always have an alternate in mind if we need to divert in the event of a serious storm. If this is a summer trip, the route will be a very warm trip. A more northerly alternate might be to Las Vegas then Salt Lake City and I-80 to Cleveland.

Why are you going through the mountains on secondary roads? I would go from Phoenix to Flagstaff on I-17. If you go that way you can stop in Sedona and the Grand Canyon. Yes there are some grades on I-17 but it is a good road I drove it this last summer.

Bill

I guess I got ahead of myself here, we are leaving here May 15 and are really taking it slow about 1 1/2 to 2 weeks to get there

and then when we leave we will head south to pick up Hwy 10 back to CA. But I had to alter our route do to the mountains around

Flagstaff AZ as referenced by https://www.mountaindirectory.com/mtnshop/ , just looking at this map wife said no way..(#23 yellow

triangle, click on it) http://www.mountaindirectory.com/sample/arizona.html

New Route: [snipped]

#23 is not a problem if you are on I-40. #23 is on old route 66. We have gone both ways, I-10 and i-40 in a 40' MH with a 340 Cumminss pulling a 3000+ pound TOAD with no problems.

The route you have indicated, both, are the fastes way to get from SB, CA to MA. We go to Central MA every other year and we have taken the route I-90 from MA to Niagara and just expect around $50 in tolls either direction.

Unless you have a reson for going through Stafford, CT, pick up-I-84 in Sturbridge. Nice road, and will take you all the way back to Scranton, PA. You indicated picking up I-10 (Hwy-10) but did not say where you intended to pick up I-10. Just remember that if it is June, July, August or September, it is going to be hot, hot, hot. We get out of Texas for the summer so I guess we are SummerBirds.