Sign in to follow this  
manholt

Traveler Dish

I have a Traveler dish on roof of coach and got tired of Dish TV. Been told that if I want Direct TV, then I need to get a new traveler. Is that info correct or can I just buy Direct TV receivers and use my current set up?

Wish Bill was still around! :(

Carl C.

Carl, could you post the model information and any information on the parabolic dish you have.

Will do some looking around-been out of the loop for theses systems and when Bill was posting I kind of let the old information I had just get older.

Things change so fast and just subtle changes in software and receiver design can change what one can do to adapt the hardware.

Hope Bill responds to a PM - it would be nice to know how he is doing and what he has been up to.

Rich.

The Dish Traveler can't easily be converted to Direct TV. The Direct dish size is larger than the Dish dish and the motors required to move it are larger.

Winegard has a kit to convert Direct to Dish but I have not seen one to convert Dish to Direct. You might call Winegard to make sure.

Thank you, to all the input. I have not heard back from Bill yet....probably will end up using a portable dish and let the next owner mess with this. Who knows, he/she may be in love with Dish!!!

This whole thing is my fault, I had the Dish dish installed Feb 2014 and only used it for 2 months ( all RV parks had more cable channels than what I needed), I cancelled Dish...that took almost 3 months of back and forth between India, Manila and finally USA! Then it took my atty another month to get my money back (they took $$$ out off my account for the receivers that I bought!!! :P:angry:

Think it's time to kill this post! My coach will be in storage for 15 weeks, starting the 30th...I'll make a decision in Madison!

Thank you all on your input and as usual it was very informative! :wub:

Carl C.

Update: Have not heard from Bill but an article in FMCA magazine September 2013, informs me that Direct TV is a Traveler SK-3005, with 5 LNB's so it can access any Direct TV satellite....I only have 3!

Desertdeals69, you where right! Sorry for the tunnel vision!

Carl C.