Sign in to follow this  
squiredude

Extended Service Warranty

Hi, I was wondering if anyone else had any experience with Nationwide Warrantees? It seemed like a great deal at first well of course "if it look too good... it's NOT!" When trying to make a claim last month I have found them to be arrogant, nasty, and totally unhelpful to their customers. I started the policy in November of last year with no claims till now and a couple of thousand dollars in payments to them. Last year I decided to look for a now extended warrantee for my 1997 Discovery 36RS coach. Nationwide offered 4 years for the price of 3. Well to cut along story short I tried to make a claim for my fridge and not only was it denied but with very nasty conversations and voice mail messages from them. They treated my like dirt and basically told me we don't care about you and we are not going to honor our contract. When I tried to contact them again, it took 3 emails and 2 phone calls I was fed up so I said CANCEL my policy and give me a refund. I was told it had to be in writing, which I did immediately. Another nasty email from a supervisor who told me to go jump in a lake and they are NOT going to give me any portion of my money back. A warning to anyone out there looking for an Extended Service Warrantee... do NOT use Nationwide Warrantee as they are a rip off... I am still fighting to get my money back. Keep smiling Phill

Phil,

Your experience with the carrier of your extended warranty is unfortunate. We purchased an extended warranty when we acquired our 1st RV out of shear fear of the unknown. Fortunately, after numerous claims over a 3-year period on a 4-year contract, we have not had a single disappointment, all claims have been paid without an issue; we purchased ours from Cornerstone. To resolve your issue with Nationwide you may wish to file a complaint with the BBB and file a written complaint with the Attorney General in your State of residency. The Attorney General will investigate and most importantly, make you whole. I hope you choose to fight back as complaints to regulatory bodies keeps abuse and fraud in check.

Phil,

I found Nationwide Warranties and Nationwide Warranty Service online. Nationwide Warranty Service in Davie, FL has a BBB rating of F. Nationwide Warranties website states that they are broker. If this is the one, who is your contract actually with?

Just interested which company you are dealing with now.