jleamont

Thetford Aria Deluxe Toilet Flushing

Does anyone else have this toilet and know of a way to get more water on a flush? It seems to be too conservative on a flush, worse when using the water pump vs. city water hook up. I find myself holding the button to add water to the bowl and reflushing for fear of not enough water in the black tank.

When we are operating on the water pump the toilet stops before the pump is at full pressure/volume so very little water enters during a flush, so I turn on the sink to get the pump to cycle on then flush the toilet.

I have the water adjustment switch set to maximum water output already.

It's just one of those annoying things that if there is a solution great....if not I will just live with it, too much thought goes into something as simple as flushing a toilet.

We've had the Thetford Aria Deluxe for the life of our current coach. It has been an excellent toilet. I've never worried about the amount of water, never had a problem with the black water tank. All you really need is enough water in the bowl to cover the seal. If desired there is a button to add water for those occasions when more water will be needed. The less water the toilet uses with each flush the longer your freshwater tank supply will last and the longer between dumping the black water tank.

Even with minimal water from the toilet, most of what comes out of the black water tank is liquid or is in liquid suspension. If you haven't used a clear connector for your dump hose, I recommend it. They make straight and angled sections about 4 to 6 inches long that can be used between the dump outlet and your hose. Any camping store will have them. Using it may not seem pleasant but it is educational. You won't have any more doubt about whether there is enough water in your black water tank. Not only will you learn that but you will find that no matter how much water is in the black water tank it will not rinse clean just from dumping. We have a built-in rinse system that sprays the inside of the tank. Once that runs clear we dump several 2 gallon buckets of water straight down the toilet. I have Louise pour one bucket straight down the throat in the time the flush valve remains open. This hits the bottom of the tank right where the solids accumulate, right under the down pipe. This will rinse out the difficult material that can build up if not purged regularly. Using the clear connector, I can see how much remains even after the built-in rinse is running clear. The built-in rinse system will never remove the stubborn pile right below the toilet.

Have you checked the water supply for a restricted screen in the input or output of the water solenoid ? Maybe a restriction right at the point it enters the bowl.

Rich.

We have a Thetford auto flush with the two switches mounted to the side wall.Problem is I have lost power to those switches.We have a 09 Fleetwood expedition with rear bath.Called Fleetwood and was told there was a small push button switch with 2 wires close to the toilet or in the bedroom.I have tore this unit apart from stem to stern no switch.Has anyone had this problem and tell me if you ever found this switch or lost power to your toilet

Tom and Rich,

Thank you for the responses. Tom you are most likely correct, there is probably adequate water going into the tank, it just seems like there is not enough and I worry about it. Before we leave on a trip I add water to the tank and place one of those eco pouches into the tank so there is always water in there sloshing around.

This year I started to use the clear 45 degree elbow with swivels ends from Camco, mostly because the hole in the compartment does not align with the outlet and it limited me to certain sewer hoses that I didn't care much for. After using the built in rinse that sprays the inside of the tank once or twice just prior to unhooking and leaving the campsite the water is always clear after that, so I am sure it is all out.

We have had friends clog theirs up on a travel trailer, the process to unclog was exhausting and I cannot imagine trying to rock a Class A DP in a campsite :blink:. It is just one of those fears I have that more water seems to calm down.

Rich, I replaced all of the mechanical parts on this just after we bought the coach (less than a year ago) due to a water leak into the bowl and the bowl would not hold water either. Other than the two leaks are gone it operates the same as before.

I guess I will have to overcome my fears. Thank you for the help guys.

Joe

rjhayden67,

Welcome to the FMCA Forum!

You might try to contact Fleetwood with the Fin number for your coach and ask for the electrical drawing(s) that cover the wiring circuits for the Toilet.

With this information you might be able to find the circuit the powers the unit. With a meter you could then find where the interruption is, causing the loose of power.

I looked up some information and if I found the correct circuit board and switch repair kit-the kit cost over $1100.

So it might be worth the time to see if there is a wiring problem.

Could you post the series of your auto flush unit?

Rich.