Sign in to follow this  
Deborahheinz

Manifold

You will need to address the issue at some point. So when would the down time fit your plans.

The key hear is - what make manifold- OEM ? there are stainless steel ones and split units that can expand and each half covers 2 exhaust ports. This an expense point.

Then with your chose of Manifold - will the current exhaust pipes connect to the replaced manifold ?

I call this, the Domino effect. Changing one item can lead to other items needing replacement.

The bonus hear is that with the proper upgrade the engine will operate cooler, with better power and MPG in many cases.

Cooler is really relevant to engine breathing better - displacing real hot exhaust.

Rich.

I suggest that you spray the manifold bolts for 2 or 3 days with a good penetrate and one of the best is a home made penetrate of 1/2 Actone and 1/2 trans fluid . Drilling a stud out of the engine block is no fun.

Deborah,

To keep down the cost of replacing the manifold you might consider removing the manifold having it milled flat and replacing it. You will have original equipment and all of your exhaust will fit. New gaskets and donuts and you should be good to go. I like the idea of using a penetrant several days before you begin.

Herman