jbrooks357

Obsolete Parts For 1998 Ford Chassis

I have a 1998 Fleetwood Bounder built on a Ford F53 Chassis, with a 4R100 transmission. I need a shifting cable from the steering column to the transmission. My research has determined that it is a Ford part, but is no longer available through Ford. Are there any resources for such obsolete parts?

jbrooks357,

Welcome to the FMCA Forum!

Take a look at the link below and check out there shift control systems.

orschelnproducts.com

http://orschelnproducts.com/products/electronic-shift-control-systems/electronic-shift-actuator-system-esas/

I did find this one possibility in my files and I think there might be one more somewhere, but finding them is sometimes a challenge.

By chance do you have the OEM part number for the NLA part ?

This might also be helpful.

www.hurst-shifters.com

Rich.

jbrooks357,

Try www.rockauto.com. You might also check with your local auto salvage yards. Most salvage yards have nation wide search on their computers. Since you have checked with your Ford Dealer you should have or can get the part number which is very helpful with any search.

Also if you have the P/N then google "Ford Shift Cable P/N********". You might be surprised by the response.

Herman

jbrooks357,

I just went through this for a friend with a Ford battery cable. I searched the web and found a co in Texas (oddly it was a family owned oil co, I cannot locate the name) but they buy obsolete parts from the Ford and resell them and there are several companies around the US that does the same.

I started by searching for the part number on the web.

If the above posts do not find what you need, Bobs RV Salvage in High Springs Fla., has a huge yard of salvage RV's.

This a big dumping ground as many RV's die on I75 in the area.

Google the name, and you will find the phone number, they do not have a web site.

Thanks to all who took the time to respond. I will try to get the OEM part number and proceed from there.

If I cannot find a new one then will try the salvage yards.

Your insight is both helpful and appreciated.