tbfreespirit8

Ignition Switch for Safari Zanzibar

I have a 1999 Safari Zanzibar that needs the ignition switch replaced. I have been unable to identify the maker of the switch. I believe it may be some GM switch only because the key is a GM key. It is a dash-mounted switch. I have contacted ARV but they cannot identify. They suggested contacting NAPA, but they also are unable to identify.

Is there anyone out there who has a coach like this and maybe had the same problem?

I think Safari used a switch from what GM called a "C" series step van. I would call it a milk truck. Possibly, asking a auto supply for that switch, they would be able to search their parts list for one.

Welcome to the forum.

I would take it out and see if there is a part number you can't see now. I would take it to any big parts store and see if they can match it.

tbfreespirit8, See if NAPA can match the switch by looking up A bread truck / Step Van ignition switch.

Take a look at this link. NOTE there are some different models. for different applications !!

This link should get you to the proper series, then you need to match up style and connection configuration.

http://www.napaonline.com/Catalog/CatalogItemDetail.aspx?R=ECHKS6643_0388616017

Rich.