Sign in to follow this  
rwitt

Fuse For Step Cover: 2008 Monaco Camelot

I have a 2008 Monaco Camelot. The step cover was working great until we stopped fuel today. It worked normally when stopped, but wouldn't close back when we were ready to leave.

I'm thinks a fuse maybe, but I have no idea where it is located. Anyone know where I might look for the fuse or any other ideas what it might be?

rwitt,

On our 02 Dynasty there is a fuse panel in front of the drivers tire. There are diagrams of the fuse locations.

FYI your step is operated by an air cylinder. So it will be difficult to move unless you can drop the air pressure. You can drop the air pressure by pumping the air brake with the engine off. This will reduce the pressure and allow you to move the cover by hand.

Don't stand in the step well when you start the engine because the cover might decide to come out!

Herman

Not all step covers installed by Monaco are operated by air pressure. Ours is a mechanical operation. Look for the fuse where Herman has indicated, basically under the drivers left foot and accessed thought the panel on the outside of the coach in front of the left front wheel. I have had one time when our step cover got jammed a bit and the track system which pushes it into place got off track. I had to get out and work underneath to get it back on track. Once fixed it has worked properly ever since. Ours is motor operated and there is always the possibility of motor burn-out or simply a loose wire.

TBUTLER, you are correct. Mine is mechanical as well and will only operate when the ignition switch is on. I checked the diagram in the book for the panel you mentioned. There is not a fuse labeled step cover. There is one that says bat step and two that say step pwr. Those three fuses tested good.

You mentioned that you worked underneath to get one back on tracks so I went underneath. I could not see any way to get to the step cover. There is a metal housing and the steps and cover mechanism are enclosed. The only motor or wires I could see was to the step and not the step cover.

Do you or anyone else have any ideas?

Well, not the fuse or a loose wire at the switches. Still haven't found a way to get to the motor for the step cover. Info/pics appreciated.