Sign in to follow this  
manholt

Coolant Level Low

expdek570,

Welcome to the FMCA Forum!

From your information, it sounds like there might have been some air in the system and it was replaced by the coolant in the overflow tank.

When you filled the system to near the top, you might experience an over flow the next time you get the engine hot.

I always fill my reservoir to just a little above the cold line and when the engine is hot the tank level is between 1/2 and 3/4 full.

Keep an eye on the level for the next trip or two thought, just to make sure things are working properly.

Rich.

I have my coach coolant between the marks and have no problem. Once I filled to top line when warm and that went out the overflow next steep grade it climbed.

Thanks, Brett. I'll call Spartan today. I'm almost getting used to the Beep and yellow ck engine! I do notice that when it's on, my ability to climb is 5-10 mph less, than when it's off. :rolleyes:

Wayne, thanks for info. I'll go engine diving later...if weather permits. Currently, I'm getting some hail. Just what I needed! <_<

My coolant level, cold, is just above the see thru bubble. Hot??? My tank is metal. Have not lost any since Colorado, now in Memphis, until tomorrow. :) BBQ!

Carl

Wayne.

I found the little Gremlin! No lose or improperly connected wires, there are 3 going in to back of sensor, One is ground and one each to

alarm and engine light. I traced ground wire and unscrewed it, cleaned and replaced. Turned on engine and got Beep. Unplugged unit

and no more Beep! LOL.

Called Spartan, in MI. The coolant is Fleetguard, same that Cummins recommends. Cummins Coach Care, is who Spartan recommends,

unless I want to come to Spartan! No! CCC headquarters is in S. Atlanta...I'll be there Thursday!

My way of "Sharing my Wealth", before the IRS! :)<_<

Carl

...So I have to go true this c...p all the way to Decatur, Indiana! :angry:...

Are you going all the way to Decatur for this issue?

NO. Atlanta, GA. Cummins! I'm 35 miles away now! On my way to Swinging Golfers 30 Anniversary rally at Roanoke Rapids, NC.

Got to be there the 19th.

You have not changed your picture yet. Do you miss the Allegiance? :P:lol:

I had an ISL in the Allegiance, in addition to the OEM coolant, there were two other acceptable extended life coolants:

- Peak "Final Charge Global Extended Life."

- Zerex "Extreme Extended Life."

Still working on the pic. :unsure: