Sign in to follow this  
ccmsm

Oil Change

How important is it to change the oil on time on my gas coach. The manual says to change it every 6 months and I have always done that. This time it is very inconvenient to do that. It's about 100 miles round trip to get it done. The coach only has about 7500 miles on it and less than 2000 since the last change. We plan to be in an area that I can easily get it done toward the end of October. That will be about 6-8 weeks past due. My question is can my warranty be voided because of this. Thanks, ccmsm

Two (virtually unrelated) questions:

1. Will going a few weeks/miles over suggested interval harm the engine? Probably not, particularly if using a high end/synthetic oil.

2. Will it void the warranty? Only if an oil related issue causes the problem AND the manufacturer wants to push it. I have no advice on this part other than to say, the chances are an oil related failure within the warranty period of a modern engine, particularly one related to oil change interval is extremely low.

I agree with wolfe10. On most of my vehicles the oil had to be change at 3000 miles. The exception was my honda it was at 5500. Since you have only 2000 miles since your last oil change you should be good.

Oops! Went back and read that it is a GAS coach. Sorry, but I'll leave the Cummins recommedation for others.

Cummins ISB and ISC:

ISB:

"Routine Maintenance Recommendations
Check oil level daily

Oil Drain Interval 1pix_trans.gifFleetguard Filter
15,000 Miles / 1year1pix_trans.gif LF 3729"

ISC:

"Routine Maintenance Recommendations
Oil Drain Interval Fleetguard Filter
15,000 miles / 1 year LF 9009"