HRJimmy

Norcold 1200 Not Cold In Frig

Jimmy,

Low 12 volt voltage can keep the frig. from coming on (the PC board is 12 VDC). However if your frig. is on but not cooling then that is a different issue.

Questions: has your unit had both Nevercold recalls done. If yes, on to the next question. The little black box installed on the last recall has a red light on it. Is it on ? if so it may need to be reset. This can be done with a strong magnet. Turn off the unit and rub the magnet all over the black box. Then turn the unit back on. If the red light is off then wait awhile and see if your unit begins to cool. :)

Now the real bad news. If you see YELLOW STAINS on and around the burner flue then the unit has a leak and is most likely toast. :(

Hope it is just low voltage or need to be reset.

Herman

I don't know if it has or not. It is a black box on the back of the unit but don't see any lights. Do I have to remove the cover or is it another box somewhere

Thanks for getting back to me.

It just started doing this.

Jimmy

Is the unit working at all or not? The black box will only show a flashing or solid red light if it is tripped. If you have a flame burning you must have 12 volts. It could need burner service or maybe the insulation isn't wrapped tight enough from the recall. Hard to tell without looking at it. Oh if you are parked the coach must be level.

No Puff it was not working at all. When the tech from Discount RV in Hutchinson, KA. opened the out side cover you could see the yellow stains everywhere. I now have the unit out sitting in the middle of the floor and the smell of ammonia :wacko: is so strong I had to open windows and leave the vent fan on last night. Hope the oder is gone this morning. Just for the labor involved I would loved to have saved the unit. 13 years it surved itself well.

I plan on having my sons take it out the front door this weekend. I need to remove the coolling unit from the back of the fridg. Since there may be some more ammonia in the system are there any safety steps I should take before cutting the lines? :huh:

We plan on using a small unit we purchased till our Rallies calm down and I have time to make proper modifications to the opening for our new unit. :)

Herman

Sorry Herman, my last answer was for Jimmy as I didn't have enough information to know the problem with his unit. He could have the dreaded ammonia leak as well. Sorry it happen to you at such a bad time as I know you have better things to do at the rally you're attending. You can get the new and old out the front door as I seen on one posting somewhere. Best to unhook the top arm stop on the door to swing open wide and tie to the front mirror arm. Move the front passenger seat out of the way with just four bolts and a electrical plug. Careful that seat is also heavy as I know when I replaced the carper with floor. Remove the inside handrail so you don't get a surprise scratch or two on it.

You don't have to cut any of the lines on the cooling unit as that part can go out the door separate. You must take the doors out separate and then the fridge shell. The new fridge should come in with the doors and shelves removed. I hope it all goes well for you.

Thanks Puff. I have all the doors and shelving off and out. Going to take it out this weekend. Will get the new unit purchased when the world settles down. We got a nice little 4.5 cf Refg/Freezer that works for now and will make a nice addition to my office soon.

Let go to a Rally!!

Herman

I needed to remove both seats and the grab bar to get the Nocold out. I also covered the dash with a heavy moving blanket. I didn't need to remove anything from the rear of the Nocold.

Jim,

I was going to wait for two of my sons to come up and help out, but I decided what the heck. I took it out the door with out any problems. However it is on the driveway in front of the Garage in about ten peices. I was going to scrap the box any way so I took my saw and cut it into pieces I could carry out. Not your conentional way but hay no one has ever accused me of being conventional.

Cleaning every thing and when we settle down will begin to modify the opening for our new Samsung.

Going to a Rally next week. Hope to see some of you folks there.

Herman

Herman, you are lucky it fit out the door, I had to remove the old one and bring the new one through the window. Which sounds difficult but was actually very simple to remove.