dmotley

Tire Air Pressure: Best Tools To Check/adjust?

We are new motor home owners (2004 Damon Daybreak) and would very much appreciate recommendations for a tire pressure gauge and a tire inflator with a built in gauge for use with steer and dual tires.

It would be especially helpful if they are available on Amazon.

Thanks!

We are new motor home owners (2004 Damon Daybreak) and would very much appreciate recommendations for a tire pressure gauge and a tire inflator with a built in gauge for use with steer and dual tires.

It would be especially helpful if they are available on Amazon.

Thanks!

While I like and even endorse (with no compensation) the Accutire gauge as my personal "Master" gauge I think you will find that unless you have installed hose extensions will not work on dual tire position.

I have a post on my Tire Safety blog on having a Master gauge and an every day gauge. The every day gauge would have a "dual foot" that allows checking both tires in dual application.

From your request I suggest you get an inflator with both a gauge and dual foot end PLUS an Accutire digital as your Master. That way you can keep an eye on the accuracy of the inflator gauge. This approach allows a less expensive inflator/Gauge.

Since you asked about an inflator does that mean you haver a compressor or source of air? I doube you will find the air hoses at service stations will have quick connect ends so you would not be able to use your inflator.

Thank you very much for the helpful information you provided above and the link to your site, which is an excellent resource I will use many times, I am sure. Your suggestion about having a Master and an every day gauge is a great idea and one I will follow with the Accutire digital and other dual foot gauge. Yes, I do have an air compressor on which I would like to install an inflator with a gauge. I'd certainly welcome your specific recommendations on a dual foot gauge to keep in the motor home and an inflator/gauge that will remain connected at home. I don't mind spending a bit more for quality. Thanks again for taking time to help me, and hopefully others.

Since you will use the Accutire gauge to confirm the reading of your regular day gauge there are many choices:

Campbell Hausfeld has been around in tire supply scene for a while

There are digital inflators I have looked at but the quality may be a little lacking

I am sure if you spend a little time you will find what you are looking for.