jleamont

Old Orchard Beach Maine

We are looking for a campground in Old Orchard Beach Maine with full hookups able to handle 40'DP 50amp. We are planning a trip next summer and we are looking for that perfect campground. First family trip up north, so far the 1st runner up is Old Orchard Beach Campground, there are several others in the area. Also looking for things to do in the area with two teenage kids.

Any recommendations?

We stayed hear and it was a nice campground. I chose it because of the location as most of the things we were doing were in Portland or north of town/Free Port.

Wild Duck Campground

39 Dunstan Landing Rd, Scarborough, ME 04074

wildduckcampground.com

(207) 883-4432

Take the kids to Portland Pies for great Pie. http://www.portlandpie.com/

Bill

Bailey's, Powder horn, Wagon Wheel. I used to stay at the Koa. all have shuttle to Beach Baily's and Powder horn are more of a resort. Also shuttle brings you to water parks shuttle fee is 1.00 each there's a couple others that I can't remember right now here is a web site you can check out it has links to OOB local campgrounds, that's what they call it up there O.O.B.

www.oldorchardbeachmaine.com/Camping.htm

Thank you everyone for the recommendations. Bill we will give that a try. I immediately noticed there are 14 brewery’s in Portland.... good thing my wife doesn’t drink beer :) she can drive back to the campground.

Thank you everyone for the recommendations. Bill we will give that a try. I immediately noticed there are 14 brewery’s in Portland.... good thing my wife doesn’t drink beer :) she can drive back to the campground.

Yes sampling the different brews is a worth wile past time. You might also like this bakery it is called "When Pigs Fly"

https://www.sendbread.com/

You should look at Freeport home of LL Bean and a huge outlet shopping area. This is to reward your wife for driving you home from the brew pubs.

Bill