Sign in to follow this  
aldebruijn

Aqua Hot Humming After It Is Turned Off

Hi. I have an aqua hot system in my 2004 Safari Panther.

Just took it out of storage to get ready for a trip and ran the aqua hot to warm up the coach. Not too cold (about 42 degrees) so nothing extreme.

After it reached 69 degrees I turned it off at the switch. I used the diesel setting as I do not have a 30 or 50 amp outlet at my house.

After about an hour I noticed that the aqua hour was "humming", like something was turning, but did not sound like a fan. I also unplugged the power, but it continued.

I've never heard this before. Does anyone have any idea what that sound could be?

Thanks got any input.
Albert

Albert,

I have to agree with WhiteEagle. When you set your thermostat to furnace with out turning on the burner the thermostat doesn't know if you have the diesel burner or electric element on. It just knows it has to run til the set tempeture is reached. I beleive the sound you are hearing is the fan doing its job. Try turning the unit off at the thermostat.

Do you have your unit serviced every year? <_< You also need to run the unit (exercise) once a month. :o

Good luck and stay warm.

Herman

The "humming" probably is the water pump still circulating water, or possibly an electric fuel pump for diesel delivery. Whatever, needs to be seen about by a technician if the condition persist.

On a previous coach...don't know how this one works...there was a non adjustable thermostat set by the factory for 40 degrees. If the AH was on, either electric or burner, it would automatically run if the basement was below 40. The only way to stop it from running was to shut the entire AH system off.