Genedee

Thor Full Side Slide-out Won't Come In

I have a full side slide on my 2016 Thor Ace 30.2. It is winterized and sitting in my driveway for the winter. I had to send the slide out for access. The slide ran very slow, it always seems too. When I tried to bring it back in, it came in a few inches and then stopped. I checked the batteries, they have a full charge. Even though, I put them on a charger.

I have now been playing this game for 4 days. Nothing in the way, batteries are good.

Every time I press "Retract", it only moves a few inches. I keep clearing snow off the topper so I don't have snow problems. I can't drive it to the dealer. What can I do. I can't be crawling under the RV and pulling it in by hand.

Swearing at it doesn't work either.

I had a similar problem with one of the slides on our coach. However, we don't have a full wall slide. I used heavy duty ratchet straps and found secure spots to attach the hooks to on the underside of the slide out. With my wife pressing the button I inched the ratchet straps along until the slide-out would move on it's own (about 3/4 of the way in).

Once back home I ordered a new slide motor. No more trouble since then and we've had this new motor for ~5 years now.

Please let us know how you solved.

Blake

Is your coach level? Will the slide work with engine running?

When it's "cold" outside, there is contraction and without a level coach, slides don't work real well. Blake has the answer if nothing else works.

If you have to strap it, then go to shop!

Genedee, Welcome to the FMCA Forum !

The fact that your coach is a 2016 Model, the slide system should be covered by a warrenty and one would think the dealer would have someone stop at your location and check it out.

Second-how much do you have loaded in the slide storage areas inside an out - weight wise ?

Rich.

Ahh yes. The load issue. Forgot about that once, way too many cabinets in coach! :lol::( The opposite sex, hate a empty cabinet!

Carl