jleamont

Tire Pressure Decals: Wheel Mounted

Anyone ever stumbled across a decal that can hold up to the elements and stick to an Aluminum wheel? I need to locate or have tire pressure decals made up for wheels 22.5 (super single) wheels for 7 road tractors.

We adjust tire pressures on our Semi Tractor fleet according to weight on the part of the fleet that only pulls specific trailers, these 7 units require 20 psi more than the other 900+ power units due to the weight of the trailer. I wanted to put a decal next to the valve stem on the wheel so everyone would know what PSI was needed. Since they are tractors there are no fenders and we cannot put decals on the trailers since they are not ours.

Any suggestions? I tried Google, nothing. I figured someone on here would have a great idea that would work.

Thank you

Try this, make your decal and cover it with heavy Mylar tape. Clean the surface with scotch bright and and actone before applying.

You might be able to seal around the tape to make it more secure.

Next method would be to vibro engrave the wheel and fill the etching with paint to highlight it.

Bill

FYI,

Gorilla Tape, I have never found such a strong tape before. It is clear and tough. The windshield on my Golf Cart cracked in Half. I needed the cart in Conroe. I went to Lowe's and found the Gorilla tape. Put the windshield together with a strip on both sides and I swear it is stronger then before.

It might just be the tape to hold the labels on the wheels as Bill mentioned. You might even be able to put the PSI on the wheel with a permanent marker and cover it with Gorilla Tape.

It held my front windshield wing to window for 7 months and 8372 miles, until I got it fixed at TCC last Monday. :wub:

Carl

I found a local custom decal supplier that can produce it. They also had a Mylar 3m product that will be precut to keep it protected from UV, heat and wheel cleaners.

Thanks for the ideas.

Herman.

I brought it up for any female engineers benefit, that might be out there! :lol:

I have been taking a half cup of Jello everyday for 2 months now and my nails don't crack anymore and my joints work better! Now, as long as I don't end up with Bill Cosby trouble... :P:D

Carl