Sign in to follow this  
briarcliff

Four Wheel Down Towing: 2015 Toyota Highlander V-6 AWD

I am interested in towing a 2014 or 2015 Highlander V-6 SUV with all wheel drive. According to the Remco website, this vehicle can be towed using their Lube Pump Kit # LP-BK01-018. Their webpage shows that this vehicle has a 6 speed automatic transmission with a transmission code of U660E (for which they have this lube kit previously noted).

According to Toyota, the 2014 & 2015 Highlander V-6 AWD has a transmission code of U660F ("F" as in Frank). When I called Remco, I was advised that they do not make (or have not tested) a lube pump kit for the "F" transmission. They claim that I may only use their BK01-018 lube kit on a transmission code U660E, not on a U660F but their website implies that they have a lube kit for a V-6 AWD and that it has a "E" transmission. My question is this: is there anyone out there towing a 2014 or 2015 Toyota Highlander V-6 All Wheel Drive using a Remco Lube kit and if so, do you know what Remco Model lube kit you have installed? I have attached a copy of the Remco webpage.

Thanks so much for your help on this one.

IMG_20160128_0001.pdf

Welcome to the forum.

Let me see if I understand this. The web site doesn't list a lube pump for your application and when you called they confirmed it won't work on your application. Let me think.........Yes I see at least 3 answer's to your problem. 1) A big repair bill because you tried to adapt a oil pump or 2) a trailer in your future or 3) an different toad.

Bill

Briarcliff,

Welcome to the Forum. When looking to see whither a vehicle is towable one need to do a little research. TOW BARS, do any manufacturer make base plate for that particular vehicle. TOWING GUIDES, several organizations publish towing guides each year, FMCA and Good Sam's comes to mind. And the VEHICLE MFG., what does the manufacturer say. If all of the above are negative then a Tow Dolly for FWD and or a car hauler trailer. Or last but not least look for a different vehicle.

Herman

Herman. Different wording, but same thing Bill said. :( Get some coffee! :rolleyes: Then read the OP & get some more coffee! :o

Carl