Fijidad

Foggy Window Repair in San Diego Area

I'm sure this topic has been covered before, but now we have a few foggy windows in our 2001 Monaco Windsor.

Can anyone recommend a repair facility in the San Diego, CA area to fix this condition? Dan

Dan, I am in the process of replacing one window in our coach that has fogged. it happens to be the drivers window (small sliding section), I found this company www.rvglassexperts.com to be the most reasonable price for section of window to be replaced. Once you make the purchase you would have to locate someone in the area to perform the installation or do it yourself.

Joe, send a PM to Herman, he has the name, that I forgot, of a company who takes care of the fog problem without having to buy a new window!

Carl

Joe,

As you stated RV Glass Solutions is a great company to work with. You may go to their web site and get a quote on a replacement windshield or window. They can and will carry your windshield or window to Perry or even West Springfield and do the work there. If your replacement is covered by insurance all you have to do is contact them, give them your insurance information [you should contact your company first] and they will work with your company. In most cases they will have information the same day. www.RVGlasssolutions.com or www.RVGlassexperts.com 888-777-6778

As for the company Carl mentioned, that would be RV Fog Dr. in Searcy, Arkansas. They only work in Searcy but folks come from near and far to have their windows repaired or replaced. www.rvfogdr.com or 501-278-3015. I am having a window repaired in April when at Charlie Adcock's.

RV Glass Solutions and RV Fog Dr. both very good companies and easy to work with.

Herman

Joe, also Google Suncoast Designers in Hudson, FL. They replace or de fog all RV windows on coach. Could not think of them earlier. They also attend FMCA conventions.

Carl

Dan, I am in the process of replacing one window in our coach that has fogged. it happens to be the drivers window (small sliding section), I found this company www.rvglassexperts.com to be the most reasonable price for section of window to be replaced. Once you make the purchase you would have to locate someone in the area to perform the installation or do it yourself.

Thanks very much for the lead. It's the same window on our rig....need to see out of that window! Dan

I took our 2001 Monarch in yesterday for some service to San Diego RV on Bond Ave. in El Cajon here in the San Diego area. I asked them if they do repair on foggy windows and they said yes. They'll have it for a week or so but I'll report back on the results. Dan

Another option is Dave Root up in Oregon - he'll travel to your location and fix your windows on-site in a day. We had ours done by him about a year ago - contacted him online and set up an appointment when he was coming down to California. He showed up at our storage yard at 8am and was done with 5 windows by 3:30pm - a little over a year later and th windows are still clear.

My window arrived last week, I installed it last night. Was not as simple as I thought it might be. My drivers side window is made by Atwood, to my surprise I didn't realize they made RV windows. Since it was my drivers side slider that had the bad internal seal between the glass I figured, its a slider how hard could it be to remove and replace???

I opened the window, removed the screen, pulled the upper and lower window track gaskets out, (at this point the window is supposed to have enough room to lift and tilt out, NOPE). I looked in the track for a removable track spacer, nothing, just the aluminum frame below and above the window.

I am really close to it coming out but maybe 1/16th of an inch. So I search the web for instructions for this process just in case I am missing something. I locate a video and I am right on with the process that is also in the included instructions that came with the glass. My only option is to flex the window track enough to sneak the window out. So I grab my 5 ton porta power, measure the current opening dimensions set it in the window and gently jack the screen portion of the track so it rotates upward enough to pull the old window out, it worked. I removed the port a power and inspected the track, re measured, same dimensions, it flexed back into its original position. I installed the new window (it went right in, it was actually a 1/16th of an inch shorter, go figure) installed the upper and lower gaskets (that was tricky) and its back together, now I can see.