I know there are lots of folks who love their Jeeps...me too, when I was in the Army. April is the "Annual Car Issue" for Consumer Reports. They tested six Jeeps, the ratings for reliability were four "much worse than average" and two "worse than average." One, the Wrangler, had the lowest score I have ever seen...26. Of course there are those that hate CR, but these ratings are based on input given by owners. That is evidenced by the Wrangler getting a "better than average" rating for owner satisfaction.

My guess would be that the number of Jeeps being towed by MHs will increase since the Honda CRV is no longer towable four down.

I suspect that Wranglers break more than other vehicles is because their owners "Torture" them much more than owners of other vehicles. People buy Wranglers to go places where you wouldn't want to take your average SUV, not to mention regular automobiles. I have owned 8 Jeeps since 1985, 3 old style Cherokees, a Liberty, two Grand Cherokees, and two Wranglers. I don't believe that any of them were any less reliable than the other cars, vans and SUVs that we have owned. Our current Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon is great, with no trouble since purchase, and it has been "wheeling" more than once.

We have two jeeps in the family now. 2009 Liberty and 2003 Wrangler sport. The wranglers get a bad rap from its old design and the ride. Over the years we have owned 3 other wranglers and prior to the 03 was an 08 4door. Which I will admit I hated it. Not for the comfort, dependability or ride, it was extremely under powered and was horrible on fuel. I recently drove a 2016 with the new engine that came out in 2012 and I was very impressed with the power and fuel economy of the new engine. With that being said my wife's 2012 Explorer is going to disappear in the near future for another jeep to add to the collection.

No complaints with the 2003 considering it has a 3.5" lift with 35" tires, the 4.0l and 5 speed handle it just fine, this jeep is our Toad.

CR would probably rate mine a 5! But if mine was modified in the same manner and had the name Land Cruiser attached, it would rate excellent! CR has always come across as snobbish! Don't remember the year that they rated the Mercedes Benz 4 X 4 as the best all around 4 wheeler on the market and it listed for $110K.....I have never seen one in the desert or woods!

Carl

Yep, they can come across as snobbish and sometimes too protective of the environment...it you get my drift. However, the vehicle ratings don't come from CR, they come from surveys done by the owners. As an owner of two vehicles, I tell them what is good and bad, and what has broken or given me problems.

Have to agree with Frank....we do abuse the Jeep! That's half the fun...Since mine is way off the grid, it does no good to make a report to Jeep! Like getting one by AEV, who do you report a Jeep part failure too?

Carl