Anyone going to Oshkosh EAA AirVenture 2017? Our first Rally, we are coming from Southern California. We will be making it a 3 week trip, enjoying the sites going and coming. Any advise/suggestions?

Anyone going to Oshkosh EAA AirVenture 2017? Our first Rally, we are coming from Southern California. We will be making it a 3 week trip, enjoying the sites going and coming. Any advise/suggestions?

2017?

Yes, 2017. We have to plan well in advance for finances and time off work.

Great to plan.

I'll be there. Been going for 14 years. We Stay at Sleepy Hollow Farm Campground.

Why "Sleepy Hollow Farm Campground" vs staying at the event?

Do you need a toad to get to the event from Sleepy Hollow?

How far in advance do you make your reservation?

Sleepy Hollow is only 1/2 mile west of the main entrance gate, has several full hook ups, great shower/restroom facilities, & free shuttle service to the main gate. PLUS, we've gotten to know the owners REALLY REALLY well the past 14 years, they've pretty much become family to us. Actually, 2 of the nieces drove down to Oklahoma City, from Oshkosh this past June to attend my daughter's wedding. My son-in-law proposed to my daughter at Sleepy Hollow in 2014, had a bunch of the campers present to watch.

Anyway, they start taking reservations Jan.1 for that year. They're usually full by end of March/ first of April. Check out their website: http://sleepyhollowfarm.com/.

Tell'em I sent you, :)

Marshall Alexander