Sign in to follow this  
banditrider776@gmail.com

Shooting at Fort Hood, Texas

My condolences and sympathies to the families of those killed, and wishes for a speedy recovery to those who were wounded.

I just can't bring myself to believe that someone would be so thoughtless, selfish, and uncaring to do such an act. I can't accept that this is the behavior of one with a healthy mind. I shudder to think of the near future as a result of his act.

I'm sick at heart that this man, a physician and healer, would do such as he is alleged to have done.

As we approach Veteran's Day, I do so with this on my mind, as well as all of the men and women who have served our country so honorably all over the world. My thanks to all of them as I honor them today and everyday.

More than ever ... wind at your back and calm seas.

Doc Mike

former HM1(E-6)/USN

Our prayers, thoughts, and wishes as always are for those who serve our country. We are thankful that the heroic policewoman who brought this to an end, survived.

I am close by and the news was filled with the events as they became known. My greatest grief is to learn that the shooter is an Army Physician (Major 0-4) with a specialty in Psychiatry who was on the team that evaluated and helped deploying and returning soldiers.

The shooting occurred within the building where deploying/returning servicemembers are evaluated by physicians as one of the last steps before deployment and the first steps after return from Iraq and Afganistan. The dealth toll as of this date is 13 dead and 30 wounded. The 12 dead include, a Reservist Male Nurse from San Diego, a retired Army Physicians Assistant working as a contractor, 3 women including one servicewoman who was pregnant and going home on maternity leave and a LtCol Physicians Assistant. There were heroes this day as soldiers quickly reacted to put their lifesaving skills to work helping their comrades.

The shooter was brought down but not killed by an on duty Policewomen who was a first responder and became one of the wounded. The shooter has been moved to Brooke Army Medical Center in San Antonio, to remove him from the hospital in Killeen, Texas where many of the wounded are being cared for.

The President has ordered all flags at half staff for 4 days and the State of Texas has placed all flags at half staff for the same period.

As Seajay always says: God Bless our service members and bring them home safely. Home shouldn't be where you lose your life after surviving Iraq and Afganistan. :rolleyes:

Guest Wayne77590

This is a tragedy that saddens me. I cannot begin to understand how a military person could act in such a manner and take the lives of fellow service men. It is going to become very important to understand what this shooter was thinking.

My deepest sympathies to all the families that are involved and to all servicemen everywhere.

Semper Fi!

I also would like to add my condolences to the families of the victims concerning this great tragedy. To hear about something like this on our military base seems unbelievable to me. Like Wayne and others, it also makes me sad to know this can happen. My thoughts and prayers are with these families. Finding out the ''WHY?'' of this tragedy will prove interesting.

As I have said before: God bless our service personnel and keep them safe from all harm.

Seajay the sailor man

This is a tragedy that saddens me. I cannot begin to understand how a military person could act in such a manner and take the lives of fellow service men. It is going to become very important to understand what this shooter was thinking.

My deepest sympathies to all the families that are involved and to all servicemen everywhere.

Semper Fi!

Wayne, I just had a thought. What do you think would be the results of a Muslam, such as this so called Dr., going through Marine Basic Training?