RobertSchacht

Braking System Using Trailer Brake Controller

Welcome to the forum.

More information is needed to give an accurate answer, are you referring to electric brakes on a trailer, or are you trying to tow an auto, or truck four wheels down.

What type of vehicle are you towing with, coach, pickup truck, or?

Many knowledgeable people on this forum, but few are mind readers.

Robert.

Welcome to the Forum!

You mention that you have a coach, is it gas or diesel? Also, what type of toad do you have? In regards to controller, is that for utility trailer or a pull behind RV trailer?

If you post in same style as Kay and I have under our name, please.

Carl

I am looking for a system that will use my existing trailer brake controller.

This will give me control of the braking from inside of the coach.

I have a 42 foot pusher with a trailer controller. I pull a 4wh down pick-up. I have purchased a "Smart Brake" but have had trouble with the brake cable. The system is controlled by the brake light AND the brake controller. I like this set-up but the quality control may be a problem. I would like a similar system if one exists. Thanks

Robert.

On this page, next topic down from you, it gets explicit from several others...If you have not done so, please read it.

Your controller is for a electric system, what you need is an independent system that you can't fiddle with inside the DP.

Carl

Sorry manholt, but you are incorrect. The Smartbrake utilizes the motorhome brake controller to tell the Smartbrake unit in the toad when to brake.

RoberS, you need to contact the Smartbrakellc and have them help you with the cable adjustments on your Smartbrake.

Roger