BennieH

Finished The Coolant Switch!

This weekend with good weather I finally switched to Final Charge Global OAT. 3 flushes, 2 with tap water and last one with distilled water. Changed the water filter to a non-SCA Fleetguard one. Took about 6 hours with interruptions. Also did the T-Stat< inspected all hoses and connections. Next is the genset. Got a belt, fuel filter, air filter and Tstat right away.

Now I can wait 7 years before I need to worry about it, I hope.

Wanted to do it last year, but just tested the antifreeze and added what was needed to get through the year.

Thank you for sharing ! I let Cummins Coach Care do all that 3 weeks ago, including the change of all hoses and belts on engine and generator, with the oil change!

Carl

BennieH, I feel your pain! The belt on the genset looks worse than it is. I removed the water pump pulley (4, 10mm bolts) removed the pulley from the pump with the belt, installed the new belt on the crank, then water pump pulley started the bolts by hand (had to use a punch to locate the bolt holes) and walked the pulley down evenly cross staggering the bolts as it tightened with a ratchet just to make sure I was pulling it down evenly). Rather than they way in the video of forcing the belt up over the pulleys.

If you need any other help just ask on here. I just did a full generator service on my 7500 series Onan a few weeks ago. Still fresh in my mind.

BennieH, I feel your pain! The belt on the genset looks worse than it is. I removed the water pump pulley (4, 10mm bolts) removed the pulley from the pump with the belt, installed the new belt on the crank, then water pump pulley started the bolts by hand (had to use a punch to locate the bolt holes) and walked the pulley down evenly cross staggering the bolts as it tightened with a ratchet 9just to make sure I was pulling it down evenly). Rather than they way in the video of forcing the belt up over the pulleys.

if you need any other help just ask on here. I just did a full Generator service on my 7500 series Onan a few weeks ago. Still fresh in my mind.

Thanks for the tips on the belt. Once the genset is done then I'll do a oil & filer change on the Cummins. I also have a set of fuel filters so I may just get them right away. Starting to get the itch to go with all of the mild weather we've been having.

Lots of projects as well. Have to put the baseplate on the Edge along with the tow wiring. (Wifes "new" car. 2007 with 70,000 miles and it is immaculate!) Ford says we can flat tow it and so we will!

BennieH, I can relate to the "itch" we are having it here also in PA. Especially when most on here are headed to Perry....... without me... :huh: . I am completing projects I only was considering last year on our coach. wrap it up and go have fun with it...that's what its all about. :rolleyes: